Mar 23, 2017
Mar 2, 2017
Hey Beauties. I hope all is well in your parts of the world. I've been trying to keep my head above water with so many exciting things going on. From new business developments, family matters and life challenges--- I need a vacation. Luckily I have great plans this summer. Speaking of summer, geesh I've slacked off on the fitness tip and I've made a concerted effort to get it together. I have a milestone birthday coming up and I have plans to frolick on somebody's beach in a 2-piece. I can't believe that Q1 of 2017 is almost over. I can't stress enough the need to be striving to live the life that matters the most---time is of the essence. Until next time.....Be Bold. Be Fabulous. Be You!
Feb 4, 2017
The beauty industry is a multi-billion dollar industry with revenues estimated to top 62 billion in 2016. And it's to no surprise that companies are capitalizing on the ever growing demands. But let's face it, some of the best beauty products aren't made in chemical labs---they're made straight from the earth, in raw and natural form. Here are five natural oils that every beauty babe should have in her beauty arsenal.
1. Coconut Oil | Known for its versatile health benefits----the edible and greasy coconut secretions can solve just about any of your beauty problems. Seriously! It's an excellent moisturizer for the skin and hair. It serves as a great eye make-up remover. How about a DIY scrub? Simply add some oil to a bowl, add brown sugar and a hint of peppermint oil---and you've just concocted your very own facial scrub. Need more benefits? Well, it's also a naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal.
2. Almond Oil | Rich with fatty acids, almond oil can be a great natural skincare cure for conditions like acne and eczema. My son suffers from chronic eczema and I often turn to many of the oils on this list as a treatment mechanism. As a nut base product, if you suffer from nut allergies you should probably stay clear of using this product.
3. Peppermint Oil | Known for its soothing powers, when applied to the face-- it can reduce redness, even skin tone and restore a natural glow to the skin. Use it on the hair to eliminate dandruff and to support hair growth.
4. Castor Oil | Another favorite of mine. It's said to aid in stretch mark reduction (I'm still testing this out), scar fading, acne reduction, sunburn treatment, hair growth and intensive moisturizing. Like coconut oil, the benefits of castor oil are extraordinary.
5. Olive Oil | Stored in your kitchen cabinet, there are many benefits to its use. When I suffer from dry and brittle hair--I turn to an olive oil treatment. Simply warm the olive oil and apply to damp hair and let it sit for approximately 10 minutes, shampoo and condition. You'd be sure to notice an improved difference in strength. Same for nails. Soak nails in it for approximately 10 minutes twice a week for strong, shinny and healthier nails. Use it as a natural makeup remover. Also use it as a total body moisturizer by applying a couple tbs to your bath water or use it as an after shower moisturizer.
Jan 22, 2017
Smell good----as often referred to by my 7 year old, is a favorite for many beauty babes. Myself included. But with the beauty industry overloaded with millions of new products, it can be hard to sift through the rubble to find that one perfect and useful product. If you've been reading my blog for sometime now, you know that I'm really not one to chase trends in fashion. Nor in beauty for that matter. I typically stick to what's been proven beneficial for the long haul.
And my perfume collection makes the case. Some of my favorite fragrances were originally released decades ago. They are timeless classics that have transitioned well from season to season throughout the years. So whether you are a fragrance novice trying to find your signature scent or a fragrance connoisseur seeking to complete your ever growing collection---I've got you covered with these classic-worthy scents of all time. From sparkling freshness, ocean breeze or feminine sensuality---- these scents have stood the test of time for me. So there you have it, my top 5 fragrances of all time. Until next time.....Be Bold. Be Fabulous. Be You!
Jan 6, 2017
Happy Friday Beauties! I hope that your new year is off to an amazing start. As I reflect back on 2016 there were many wins, but there were also some (perceived) losses. And sometimes what we see as a lost can sometimes be an actual gain in the grand scheme of things. One thing is for certain---life should be lived with purpose. Life should be lived with intention. Life should be lived with the pursuit of happiness. So as you charge full speed ahead in 2017---I hope that the life you live is with intent, purpose and happiness. Cheers to new opportunities. Cheers to a fabulous 2017!
Outfit Details: Top: here | Pants: Calvin Kelin | Pumps: RSVP | Clutch: White House Black Market (Gifted) | Frames: Old | Lippie: Urban Decay: Bad Blood