I've had my share of heath issues---but within recent years, I've been battling weight gain and sporadic digestive issues in particular. As for my weight gain, it's stress related. And nothing soothes my soul when I'm stressed like a good ole meal, Netflix and my sofa. But let me tell it, I had things under control and before I knew it---ten lbs has crept on. Then came the stomach/digestive flare ups. More than likely caused by my diet. So I had to make a change and I started (organic cold pressed) juicing. But here are all the reasons why.
1. My BFF introduced me to it. So shout out to my BFF TB who like myself had her share of health issues---started juicing and reaped great benefits. So I thank you (I know you read my blog posts) so much for introducing the concept. I love you girl!
2. I don't Like Eating Breakfast. I don't know what it is---but for the life of me I've never been enthused or inclined to eat breakfast. I know. It's the most important meal of the day. I just can't do it. I'm just not interested. Not even in a yogurt or breakfast bar. So as a supplement---I now opt for a cold fruit juice instead.
3. I don't typically adhere to the daily nutritional diet guidelines. So besides skipping breakfast, my daily intake of the recommended daily foods simply doesn't happen. Work-life balance is out of whack. And quite frankly---living out of a suitcase doesn't help much. So when I'm always on the go, juicing is a great way for me to get the necessary nutritional intake required to help maintain a healthy diet. Plus, could you imagine having to eat beets daily. Ugh!!!
4. I need to lose weight. Listen---I have nothing against having a few extra meat on my bones but when I look in my closet and can't wear 70% of my clothes, we have a huge problem. Especially when replacing them isn't a viable option. And opting for everything spandex differently is an absolute hell to the no!
5. It's a lifestyle change. The goal? To sustain and foster a happier, healthier and balanced life that grants me the opportunity to have the physical and mental fortitude to live life to the fullest.